"Empowering all Students to Expand and Explore their Horizons through the World of Music"
*Create *Perform *Respond *Appreciate
4TH GRADE SPRING CONCERT - May 14th 2014
Boys - Nice pants. Button down shirt with a tie.
Girls - Dresses (below the knee preferably), shirts & nice pants, or skirts.
"To love what you do and feel that it matters... How could anything be more fun?" Katherine Graham
Music classes at the Yarmouth Elementary School are based on interactive, hands-on activities. Singing, playing instruments, moving, listening, and improvising are all activities used in music classes. My ultimate goal is to help your child to become a lifelong music lover! We spend time singing, dancing, listening, moving to, and playing different styles of music. Many lessons are devoted to exploring and creating compositions on the many exciting musical instruments in our music room. We spend a lot of time on music theory, (specifically, music literacy), disguised as fun games and activities!
All 2nd, 3rd and 4th graders will perform on Grandparents Day. Fourth Graders can choose to participate in Chorus, Orff Ensemble (percussion based group) and/or Band. These groups perform at a winter and spring concert. All concerts are performed at the Yarmouth Elementary School in the Multipurpose Room at 7 pm.
National Standards for Music Education
1. Singing, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
2. Performing on instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
3. Improvising melodies, variations, and accompaniments.
4. Composing and arranging music within specified guidelines.
5. Reading and notating music.
6. Listening to, analyzing, and describing music.
7. Evaluating music and music performances.
8. Understanding relationships between music, the other arts, and disciplines outside the arts.
9. Understanding music in relation to history and culture.